THE LATEST AT PASO
See below for PASO publications from Fall 2022!
- 2022). The relationship between health worry, work distress, and affective symptoms during the COVID-19 pandemic: The mediating role of hopelessness and helplessness. British Journal of Clinical Psychology, 00, 1– 16. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjc.12391 , , , , , & (
- Dev, A. S., Moore, D. A., Johnson, S. L. (in press). Sadder ≠ Wiser: Depressive Realism is not Robust to Replication. Collabra: Psychology.
Hannah was one of the student winners of the Gail Ironson Distinguished Student Speaker Series and Award! Nice work, Hannah!
Kiara and Hannah presented at APS!
See below for PASO publications from Spring 2022!
- Çek, D., Reese, H.E., Broos, H.C., and Timpano, K.R. (In press). Dispositional and experimentally-induced mindfulness are distinctly associated with obsessive compulsive symptoms. Mindfulness.
- Broos, H.C., Goodman, Z., Stamatis, C.A., Llabre, M.M., Zvolensky, M., and Timpano, K.R. (2022). Situational uncertainty interacts with anxiety sensitivity and distress intolerance to predict anticipated worry and preparation for a hurricane. Anxiety, Stress, and Coping.
PASO members also presented their research:
- Broos, H.C., Llabre, M.M., Saab, P.G., and Timpano, K.R. (May 2022). The effects of general and specific intolerance of uncertainty on mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic. In H.C. Broos (Chair), Living in an Uncertain World: Impacts of Uncertainty on Cognition, Affect, and Behavior. Paper presented at the 2022 Association for Psychological Science Annual Conference.
- Dev, A. S., Llabre, M.R., Saab, P.G., Timpano, K. R. (May 2022). Relationships between Intolerance of Uncertainty, Psychopathology, and Perceived Risk of COVID-19 [Symposium presentation]. Association for Psychological Science (APS) 2022 Annual Conference, Chicago, IL
- Broos, H.C., Stamatis, C.A., Goodman, Z., Llabre, M.M., Zvolensky, M., and Timpano, K.R. (April 2022). Situational uncertainty interacts with anxiety sensitivity and distress intolerance to predict anticipated worry and preparation for a hurricane. Poster presented at the University of Miami Climate Resilience Academy Symposium.
- Broos, H.C., Goodman, Z., Wohlgemuth, W., and Timpano, K.R. (March 2022). Perceived but not behavioral sleep predicts comorbid depression within the Obsessive-Compulsive spectrum. Poster presented at the 42nd Annual Anxiety and Depression Conference.
- Leite, R.O., Llabre, M.M., Timpano, K.T., Broos, H.C., and Saab, P.G. (March 2022). The effects of chronic disease, life disruptions, and psychosocial problems on sleep quality during the COVID-19 pandemic. Poster presented at the 80th Scientific Annual Meeting of the American Psychosomatic Society.
- Goldwert, D., Dev, A.S., Broos, H.C., Broad, K., and Timpano, K.R. (February 2022). Understanding the role of individual difference factors in shaping information processing and emotional responses to climate change messaging. Poster presented at the Undergraduate Poster Session of the 23rd Annual Meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology.
See below for PASO publications from Fall 2021 thus far — including Hannah’s first first-author pub! Woohoo!
- Broos, H.C., Llabre, M.M. & Timpano, K.R. Belonging Buffers the Impact of Cognitive Vulnerabilities on Affective Symptoms. Cogn Ther Res (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10608-021-10267-9
- Stamatis, C.A., Broos, H.C., Hudiburgh, S.E., Dale, S.K., and Timpano, K.R. (2021). A longitudinal investigation of COVID-19 pandemic experiences and mental health among university students. British Journal of Clinical Psychology.
- O’Donnell, M., Dev, A. S., Antonoplis, S., Baum, S. M., Benedetti, A. H., Brown, N. D., Carrillo, B., Choi, A., Connor, P., Donnelly, K., Ellwood-Lowe, M. E., Foushee, R., Jansen, R., Jarvis, S. N., Lundell-Creagh, R., Ocampo, J. M., Okafor, G. N., Rahmani Azad, Z., Rosenblum, M., Schatz, D., Stein, D. H., Wang, Y., Moore, D. A., Nelson, L. D. (2021). The empirical audit and review and an assessment of evidentiary value in research on the psychological consequences of scarcity. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Swerdlow, B. A., Johnson, S. L., Timpano, K. R., Porter, P. A., & Dev, A. S. (2021). Longitudinal associations between internalizing symptoms, social behavior, and social perceptions in the initial months of the COVID-19 pandemic: Findings from a transdiagnostic community sample. Journal of Affective Disorders, 294. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2021.07.093
- Tharp, J. A., Johnson, S. L., & Dev, A. S. (2021). Transdiagnostic approach to the dominance behavioral system. Personality and Individual Differences, 176, 110778. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2021.110778
See below for PASO publications from Summer 2021! Great job to all the authors.
- Stamatis, C.A., Muroff, J., Bocanegra, E.S., Rodriguez, C.I., & Timpano, K.R. (2021). A Spanish Translation of the Hoarding Rating Scale: Differential Item Functioning and Convergent Validity. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10862-021-09894-z
PASO Lab members also presented their research:
Emma Poole presenting her poster, “Synergistic Relationship Between Negative Urgency and Cognitive Reappraisal in Predicting Intimate Partner Violence“, at the College of Arts and Sciences Summer Research Program (with a cameo from Ana). Awesome job, Emma!
See below for PASO publications from Spring 2021! Great job to all the authors.
- Heller, A. S., Stamatis, C. A., Puccetti, N. A., & Timpano, K. R. (2021). The distribution of daily affect distinguishes internalizing and externalizing spectra and subfactors. Journal of Abnormal Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1037/abn0000670
- Hudiburgh, S. E., Reese, H. E., Carver, C. S., Çek, D., & Timpano, K. R. (2021). A multi-method examination of the link between obsessive-compulsive symptomatology and emotion-related impulsivity. British Journal of Clinical Psychology, n/a(n/a). https://doi.org/10.1111/bjc.12290
- Stamatis, C. A., Batistuzzo, M. C., Tanamatis, T., Miguel, E. C., Hoexter, M. Q., & Timpano, K. R. (2021). Using supervised machine learning on neuropsychological data to distinguish OCD patients with and without sensory phenomena from healthy controls. The British Journal of Clinical Psychology, 60(1), 77–98. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjc.12272
PASO team members also presented their research in Spring 2021:
Dev, A. S., Arditte Hall, K. A., Timpano, K. R. (2021, April 13 – 16). Situational Influences on the Relationship Between Psychiatric Symptoms and Affective Forecasting Bias [Paper presentation]. Society for Affective Science (SAS) 2021 Annual Conference, Virtual.
View this post on Instagram
Congratulations, Dr. Timpano!
View this post on Instagram